Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Love

I remember being in love for the first time. So caught up with a certain person that I would have never accepted 'no' for an answer. It was faith that brought me through those times, as I was too young and shy to know how to deal with these feelings. But something in me always knew the chance was there, and somehow, some time, it might manifest.

It was high school. Freshman year. And I threw a rotten strawberry at her. She kicked my chair. It was biology class.

I failed that class.

Not because of her. I just rarely went to school those days.

I took the class again in summer school.

We still hadn't really spoken on any close terms. I had my life. She had hers. I didn't see her all summer. She probably didn't remember my name. But I thought about her often...

It was Sophomore year now. I had seven classes - seven chances to see her again.

First class... nothing.

Second class... nothing... still five more chances..

Third class... nothing...

Fourth class... nope...

Fifth class.... oh no, maybe I'll never see her again.

Sixth class... ... ... tapping feet nervously...

Seventh class... NO! I can't believe it! My faith is broken... ... ...

First day of school, last class, my chances are gone. Back to my life. That's okay, I didn't mind being alone, it was just this girl, somehow, I loved her already.

Fifteen minutes into class... and walking through the door comes my queen, resilient, stubborn, full of young life, and beautiful... My entire being couldn't help but smile. My faith broken to be renewed again stronger than before.

That's how things happen. In my life at least. If we got what our heart wanted while our minds still are grasping for it, then it would make us all spoiled brats.

In my life, I always get what I need, although many times it's not until the mind is broken, the grasping is broken, and the fear is extended to such an extent that we just shut up. Then, and only then, can the good come without us taking it for granted, without it being put to waste.

Today... I'm married to that woman.

1 comment: