Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why math?

Why choose math?

I've always been good at it. I've always loved numbers. Numbers are free from human opinion or error.

When I write, I write, and I don't really care for criticism on it, because I am the author. When I read or watch a movie, I just read or watch a movie. Over-analyzing these things only detracts from their worth, in my opinion. If a movie or a book is good, it changes you deeper than the mind, the thoughts - not that there's nothing to say about these things, but I am generally turned off by the idea of forced analyzing, and over-analyzing. Sure there are many people who are good at this sort of thing, and I'm sure good comes of it, but for me personally, no good comes of it, just makes my head hurt.

So with math, its purpose is to see facts. One plus one equals two and we all know this. It is a fact beyond discussion, beyond imagination, beyond opinion, beyond dreams, and this is why I'm going for math. It gets down to pure substance.

1 comment:

  1. Famous author who agrees with you on the over interpretation thing. http://www.coldbacon.com/writing/sontag-againstinterpretation.html

    ReplyDelete