Monday, January 25, 2010

How Would I Manage the Workplace?

If I were in charge at my job, how would I change it? There's really not much I would change. I would offer more regular small raises to give the employees an incentive to do well. As it is, raises don't really exist there. Also I would give employees more breathing room when they're in the shop. I know I would because I've been in charge before, and that's how I handled things. Micromanaging is something managers do when it's been too long since they've been employees. I know that people work best when you trust them to their job. Train them well and then let them do their job, only stepping in if necessary. It's that simple. This may not work on a large scale with hundreds of employees under you, but on a small scale I know it works well, and our company is a very small operation. The last thing someone wants in a small operation is to see the same nagging face every day and never hear that they're doing their job well. As it is, many managers think the employees should be grateful for their job, and this is true, but it's also very important that the management is grateful for their employees. Disgratitude leads to poor performance which leads to more disgratitude, so it's imperative that gratitude finds its way into both the employees and the management.

No comments:

Post a Comment