Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Funniest Moment Ever

Probably the funniest moment in my life happened several years ago when I was living with a couple friends in a two-story apartment. Somehow we were all too lazy to go upstairs to the bedroom to sleep so we'd all end up sleeping on couches and the floor. No problem since we had a U-shaped set of 3 sofas. One of my friends would roll out a mat on the floor and sleep there. I would sleep on one sofa, the one in the middle (the bottom of the U, not the sides), and my friend was sleeping on one of the other sofas.

Well it was one night when I had to get up really early for work the next morning, like 5 or 6 am, which is insanely early when normally we went to bed at 2 or 3 am. So to make sure I woke up, I set up an mp3 alarm clock on the computer to go off playing Rage Against the Machine (a very "hard" band) at a ridiculously loud volume when I needed to get up. No one else knew I had set the alarm clock.

The time hits and it goes off, playing this music super loud, my eyes pop open and my friend is already jumped up onto his feet from his sleep on an adjacent couch, and was several inches from my face screaming at the top of his lungs. No words, just AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! ..... AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. He didn't know what to think at all. With music blaring I tried to calm him by telling him everything was okay. He kept screaming for several seconds. I had to jump over the couch and cut the music off. I'll never forget his face. He thought it was armageddon.

No comments:

Post a Comment