Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Prioritizing and Doing Your Best (part 1/2)

Moving has definitely been a learning process. I'm always surprised to see lessons in the ordinary events of life that most people just look over, or maybe just aren't so hot at being able to put the learning into words (which is doesn't necessarily have to be). Anyways, so time seemed to be against me, but in it I've learned to keep my cool (or make a fool of myself by losing it) and just role with the punches. For instance, my wife and I had reserved a truck for Saturday and several coworkers were planning on meeting us to help. Everything seemed to be in place. Despite warnings about weather from numerous friends, we stayed our course. I suppose a sense of positivity was clouding sound judgment. And so Saturday morning came and the weather forecasted numerous showers. So it was then that we were faced with a judgment call. And so we decided to put it off until Sunday, which wasn't possible for several of our friends who had to recall their offer. But it was out of our hands now. Nonetheless, we decided to make use of our time and so we boxed more stuff up, and we also headed to the new house to clean up a bit (you know, people leave dirty tubs, counters, etc., made worse by the fact that one of the sellers broke his arm while doing a repair, so his wife was stressed with everything, it's no surprise she couldn't deep clean the house). So we cleaned more or less all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment