Monday, April 12, 2010

On the Topic of Getting Hit

What it comes down to is the parent's psychology. I see too many people hitting their kid out of anger. If a child needs to be smacked over something, then it should be a conscious decision on the part of the adult, from a sound psychology. Everyone says, "Well I got hit, and I'm fine," or, "I never got hit and I'm fine." But there are people who got hit that are today in prison for murder. There are also people who never got hit that are today in prison for murder. So instead of just wanting to repeat what our parents did, or what other people have done, let's try to approach our kids from a sound psychology. I don't have kids, but I have cats, a nephew, and a neice. We adults need to get our s**t together, seriously - mentally, psychologically - we need to find in ourselves how to become objective, not slaves to our emotions in such situations. I think human intelligence will dictate what is right in any given situation, instead of just relying on emotional and conditioned responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment